SCOTTSDALE Lance Parrish Jersey , Ariz. (AP) spring training games until early March, San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Wednesday.Posey, who had surgery in August to address a hip impingement and repair a torn labrum, has been catching pitchers side sessions in camp so far.Im very encouraged and he is, too, Bochy said. Hes not feeling any effects from the surgery or the hip so hes doing really well. Its all good to go with him. Were probably looking around the first of March, in that area.The Giants begin their spring slate on Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels.Bochy said Posey could play first base or serve as the designated hitter in the early games.Overall, the Giants are ready to go, Bochy said.After a couple days of this, the hitters are ready to take that cage away and start the games, Bochy said. It looks like the pitchers are all throwing 100 (mph) http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , and a couple guys are.Right-hander Chris Stratton will start the Giants first game in Tempe and be followed by lefty Ty Blach, Bochy said.Madison Bumgarner will make his first spring start Sunday against the Cubs and Derek Holland will face the White Sox on Monday.Drew Pomeranz, a new addition after signing as a free agent in January, will follow Holland. Derek Rodriguez will start Tuesday against the Reds and Jeff Samardzija will go Feb. 27 against the Royals, followed by Andrew Suarez.The starters will likely throw 20-25 pitches in their first outings. What could go wrong?"As you may have heard earlier this offseason, former Red Sox radio broadcaster Tim Neverett let his contract run out in December and will not be back in the booth next year. He apparently didnt see eye-to-eye with WEEI during his time, and the writing had been on the wall since all the way back in June. So, with Neverett out the radio station needed to find a new broadcaster to put next to the legendary Joe Castiglione. They announced their plan on Thursday and, well.....its something.Apparently they are planning to go with a rotating group of broadcasters that will include a whole lot of different names, many of which are familiar. Here is their announcement tweet.So....yeah. Thats certainly one way to handle this! Im a little surprised a Red Sox broadcast of all things is going with a rotating cast of broadcasters. Thats not because of some superiority complex but rather because we saw this with NESN a couple years ago when Jerry Remy had to leave the booth. It wasnt totally the same thing because most of NESNs additions were more inexperienced than this group, but its still better to have consistency in the booth to build chemistry.As for the individual names Travis Wood Jersey , well, we all know that Chris Berman is the one that stands out the most. Are you kidding me? Theres been a lot of negative backlash to this one, as there should be. Berman is something of a legend in the business as one of ESPNs original voices, but today hes most known in the baseball world for his back back back call in the Home Run Derby. Most people arent crazy about that call, to put it mildly. If it was just that he was annoying, that would be one thing. Berman also dealt with plenty of controversy on his way out of ESPN, most notably and seriously being his inclusion in a sexual harassment claim that was eventually settled by ESPN. Berman presumably isnt going to be a big part of the broadcast team, just calling a handful of games, but I cant see the logic behind this move.Other than him, there are plenty of other notable names. Sean McDonough is now a famous ESPN football voice, but he called Red Sox games on the TV side back in the late 90s and early aughts. Itll be nice to have him back.Lou Merloni obviously has some experience in this realm http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , and will apparently be part of some three-man booths with McDonough. Mario Impemba may sound like a familiar name. He was a long-time Tigers broadcast before being let go last year after an altercation with partner Rod Allen. The fight was potentially over a chair, though they deny that being the case.Tom Caron is, of course, the host of NESNs pre- and post-game shows. I like Caron a lot in his current role, but on the rare occasions hes filled in on TV I havent seen him as a great fit. Maybe radio will suit him better. Dave OBrien will call a few national games that NESN wont have the broadcast for.It seems the plan is largely to have Impempa and Josh Lewin a former Mets broadcaster call the bulk of the games with the others rotating in more infrequently.Update: I meant to include this and was reminded after this was published, but they also went with an entire group of white men. Its frankly embarrassing that they put together a list of broadcasters this large with such little diversity.I dont really listen to a ton of games on the radio, so while this whole thing (particularly Berman) annoys me, it wont affect me too much. The good news is that Joe Castiglione will still be there, and hes the greatest. Those who listen to the radio broadcast more often, what do you think?