SAN DIEGO (AP)   the better of the San Diego Padres youngsters in a matchup of NL West teams playing out the season.While veterans Brandon Crawford and Evan Longoria homered off Bryan Mitchell in the Giants 4-2 win Monday Kirk Gibson Jersey , three rookies had nice nights. Left-hander Andrew Suarez pitched into the eighth inning, Chris Shaw had his first three-hit game and Aramis Garcia added an RBI single.They did a great job, starting with Suarez, manager Bruce Bochy said.Suarez (7-11) snapped a two-start skid by holding San Diego to two runs and four hits while striking out four and walking three in 7 2/3 innings.He had a good fastball going, good movement on it. Really all his pitches, very efficiently, Bochy said. Shaw, nice game by him, big hit by Garcia. It was good to see those kids play well.Suarez has gone at least six innings in five straight starts. He thought he had a good chance of finishing the eighth.My pitch count was low for being that deep in the game, he said. I just think its more my mechanics. I think I do a good routine in between starts to stay strong and ready for my start date.Suarez looked disappointed when Bochy came out to pull him. Suarez said he thought he showed up his manager, so he apologized.He liked it that I was being competitive, Suarez said.Will Smith pitched the ninth for his 13th save.The rebuilding Padres dropped to 60-91 to match last years loss total with 11 games to play. Ownership had expected the Padres to be better than the club that finished 71-91 last year, but San Diego has lost at least 91 games for the third straight season and the fourth time in eight years.Mitchell (1-4) had pitched well in his two previous starts since his return from a long stay on the disabled list, but reverted to the early season form that got him demoted to the bullpen.After scattering three singles through the first three scoreless innings, Mitchell allowed Crawfords homer to right-center leading off the fifth, his 13th. Shaw doubled with one out and scored on Garcias two-out single.With Gregor Blanco aboard on a leadoff single in the fifth, Longoria homered off the balcony on the third level of the Western Metal Supply Co. Building in the left-field corner, his 16th.Mitchell allowed four runs and nine hits in five innings http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , struck out four and walked none.I dont want to sugarcoat it, but Ive definitely thrown the ball worse and had better results, Mitchell said. The balls and strikes were really good. I was attacking for the most part. If I execute maybe three or four pitches a little better, its probably a different story.Mitchell said Longoria put a hell of a swing on that pitch. It was in and up out of the zone. I just think it was probably a little bit of a predictable pitch at that point. I maybe couldve set it up a little better. He put a really good swing on it. Youve got to live with that sometimes.Said manager Andy Green: It wasnt really a poorly executed pitch, Longoria just beat us to the spot.Austin Hedges homered leading off the second for the Padres, his 14th. He started at catcher even though rookie Francisco Mejia, one of baseballs top catching prospects, hit a walkoff grand slam against Texas on Sunday.BUMGARNERBochy said LHP Madison Bumgarner could pitch the opener of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sept. 28 at San Francisco if the NL West race is still undecided.UP NEXTGiants: LHP Derek Holland (7-8, 3.46 ERA) is scheduled to start the middle game of the series Tuesday night. Hes 1-1 with a 6.20 ERA in four career starts against San Diego, including 1-0 with a 4.91 ERA in three starts vs. the Padres this year.Padres: Rookie LHP Joey Lucchesi (8-8, 3.67) will start against the Giants for the second time this season. He earned his second career win in his fourth start on April 15 vs. San Francisco. Mike Leake? Dee Gordon? Bueller? Anyone?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Farmers onlyFeaturesPlayoffsHistory/Hall of FameHot StoveCincinnati Reds RumorsDo the Seattle Mariners have anything left for the Cincinnati Reds?New,41commentsMike Leake? Dee Gordon? Bueller? Anyone?that rebuilding abyss, and for the first time in a half-decade seem primed to add players that plan on doing big league damage in calendar year 2019. The question here, though, is whether the Seattle fire sale has anything that should catch the Reds eye - and whether the price is right to make a deal.Mike Leake is the obvious place to start, since the Reds need established starting pitching and Leake, well, is an established starting pitcher. The 1st round pick of the Reds back in 2009 has carved out a right respectable 9-year career to date Victor Martinez Jersey , compiling 15.6 career bWAR while posting a near perfectly mediocre career 99 ERA+. With 2 years and a guaranteed $36 million left due his way (including an option buyout), that seems a bit steep for the now 31 year old righty, as thats ideally the kind of money the Reds would want to be doling out for a top-flight starter, not someone who projects to merely help eat innings at the back of the rotation. That said, the Ms have taken on the hefty financial obligations due to Jay Bruce and Carlos Santana, among others, to facilitate the Cano and Seager deals, meaning theyre clearly willing to eat a bit of money to get their biggest commitments off their ledger and to bring back some decent prospect hauls in the process. Eat half of Leakes contract, and suddenly his price-point would look a lot better as a #3/4 starter.The next most obvious potential fit is Dee Gordon, I suppose, especially since the Reds just jettisoned CF Billy Hamilton with a non-tender and still have Scooter Gennett despite him entering his final year of team control. Gordon, also now 31, once had a 2-year run in which he hit a remarkable .311/.342/.398 in 1303 PA, swiping 122 total bases and posting a brilliant 7.6 bWAR in the process. Unfortunately, that came back in the 2014 and 2015 seasons, and he has posted just an 86 OPS+ and 4.5 total bWAR in the three seasons since then. That said, the longtime 2B took over in CF for Seattle to accommodate Cano at 2B (until the latters PED suspension), and the Reds certainly appear to be lacking in concrete CF options heading into 2019. With 2-years and some $28 million left on his deal http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , he could potentially provide depth both in CF and in the infield - depending on where the Reds choose to deploy Nick Senzel - but seems a bit pricey given his lack of great production lately and increasing age. Hernandezs 1-year, ~$28 million deal and steep decline make him an imperfect fit fairly obviously. Kyle Seager, on the other hand, has the most total money and years left - 3 years, $57.5 million - but has spent all but 25 of his career starts at a position where the Reds are quite set and just posted a brutal .221/.273/.400 line in 630 PA in 2018, by far and away his worst production to date. Seager, though, was athletic enough coming up through the minors that he spent ample time at SS and has averaged 25 dingers a season despite his home park being brutal on hitters, so theres perhaps a chance hed be a decent option in a corner outfield position if the Reds chose to shake things up in a major way.In other words, none of the high-priced salary dumps the Mariners are looking to shed appear to really be great fits for the Reds, nor are any of them likely bad enough contracts to allow the Reds to shed, say, Homer Bailey while taking one on in return. Barring the Ms digging themselves into a five-year rebuild by trading a cheap, pre-arb star like Mitch Haniger - who can play CF and would be an absolute dream fit with the Reds - it just doesnt look like theres much in the way of a perfect fit here, at least now that Paxton has been dealt to the New York Yankees.Its unfortunate, but it does seem pretty clear that the first rebuild weve seen since the Reds have begun ramping up intentions to win simply doesnt have the kind of pieces for sale that would fit seamlessly in Cincinnati. Now, we just hope a few more teams take the rebuild plunge this winter.