MILWAUKEE of the year following shoulder surgery http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle plans to rotate playing time among four players during the final weeks of the regular season. On Friday, Jordan Luplow got the start in right field and Pablo Reyes started in left as the Pirates opened up a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. Reyes, Adam Frazier and rookie Kevin Kramer will also see time in right field before the season wraps up on Sept. 30.Youre going to see Frazier out there when we want Frazier and Kramer in the lineup, because only one can play second base, Hurdle said before Fridays game. Luplows going to be the beneficiary, I would imagine, of the most time out there. Reyes might find his way out there. Outside of that, theres really nobody else to look at, from my perspective.Article continues below ...Polanco dislocated his shoulder sliding into second base a week ago and underwent surgery earlier this week to repair his labrum. He led the team with 23 home runs and 81 RBIs at the time of the injury.Theres a degree of disappointment, Hurdle said. Theres a degree of angst. However, at the end of the day, he needs to feel what he needs to feel. And therell be a time when hes going to say, OK, now its time to go back to work Kirk Gibson Jersey , and Gregory will go back to work.Hell have the support of his family, hell have the support of the organization, hell have the support of a lot of people. Hes a man thats always been self-motivated, focused. Its just whats next for him right now. To be unfortunate, however, that parts already over. The unfortunate part is over. The injurys over. Now is the healing, the rehab, and the strengthening and then the getting ready to play, whenever that is. Well look forward to that.The Pirates will face Milwaukee right-hander Zach Davies (2-5, 4.75 ERA) for the first time this season when the series resumes Saturday night.Davies has been impressive in his two starts since returning from a three-month stint on the disabled list, allowing only three total runs with nine strikeouts and a pair of walks over 10 innings. He did not get a decision in either of those starts, however.I was ready, Davies said of his return after battling through shoulder and back injuries. I was healthy, and I knew it. I knew where my stuff was at http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , I knew my body was healthy.Davies went 2-1 with a 3.70 in four starts against the Pirates last season, but is 2-3 with a 6.49 ERA in seven career starts against Pittsburgh.Milwaukee won Fridays game 7-4. The Pirates have dropped two in a row and three of their last four to Milwaukee after winning eight of the first 10 meetings this season. A victory Saturday would clinch the Brewers second series victory over the Pirates this season and their eighth series in a row overall. They continue to keep the pressure on the NL Central-leading Cubs, trailing Chicago by just 1 1/2 games. They are also protecting their lead over the Cardinals and now the Dodgers for the top NL wild-card spot. Milwaukee has a four-game lead on both of those teams.The Pirates starter on Saturday will be Ivan Nova (8-9, 4.17). He ended a personal three-game losing streak by pitching six scoreless innings in a 5-1 victory over the Marlins last Saturday. Nova is 2-2 with a 3.03 ERA in six career starts against Milwaukee, and he started one game against the Brewers this season, allowing one run and seven hits in 4 2/3 innings in a game Pittsburgh won 2-1 on July 14. BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) Some Pittsburgh Pirates were upset when Jeff Branson was fired at the end of last season after six years with the team.It helps that new hitting coach Rick Eckstein is off to a smooth start in spring training.I like him a lot, right fielder Gregory Polanco said. He knows a lot about hitting but he explains what hes thinking to you in a way thats easy to understand. I think hes really going to help our whole team.The Pirates offense was 19th in the major leagues last season with an average of 4.3 runs a game and 25th with 157 home runs.Manager Clint Hurdle believes by using a blend of analytics and video technology that Eckstein and new assistant hitting coach Jacob Cruz can squeeze more out of the offense in 2019.I think weve really put two new men for us into place that have their finger on the pulse of the offensive game, said Hurdle, who was a hitting coach with the Colorado Rockies and Texas Rangers. Theyre more proactive than reactive. Sometimes you dont get results and a new voice can have an impact.The research both of these guys did as we went through the interview process, the experience theyve had with analytics, with new technology, with new ways to measure, with new ways to instruct Victor Martinez Jersey , with new ways to teach, it all just seemed like the perfect combination for us.Eckstein spent the last two years as the Minnesota Twins minor league hitting coordinator. He was the Washington Nationals hitting coach from 2008-13.Eckstein is spending this spring learning the hitters strengths and weaknesses. He is tailoring individual plans to each player rather than trying to make them adhere to one philosophy.Thats where our head is, as far as taking this thing forward, Eckstein said. Were tapping into each guy to reach more of their potential and play as a unit where were all on the same page.The older brother of David Eckstein, the MVP of the 2006 World Series while playing for the St. Louis Cardinals, is a proponent of technology. However, he believes communicating with the hitters is paramount.Our focus is a little bit more on a ground-floor level of timing and positioning and understanding that there are certain areas of the hitting area that we need to be really good, Eckstein said. Theres a difference between the strike zone and the hitting area, and within that there are contact points that are optimal contact points, and there are contact points that are sub-optimal.If we understand that everybody has a downward plane of their swing and everybody has an upward plane of their swing, where does that play for you?NOTES: INF/OF Alfredo Reyes was moved from the minor league camp to the major league camp Saturday as a non-roster invitee. He played at three levels of the minors last season, finishing at Triple-A Indianapolis. . The Pirates continue to list C Elias Diaz as week to week because of a virus. The team hasnt provided any further details.